We pride ourselves on our creativity, expertise and unique capacity to step in quickly and efficiently to help our clients meet their objectives. Since launching Saltbox in May 2011, the diversity of our experience has capitalized on and broadened these capabilities.
What have we been doing?
Projects - biomass, solar, wind, hydro, biogas and conventional natural gas
Debt - long-term, mini-perm and bridge facilities, floating and fixed rate issuances
Clients - public and private strategic sponsors, private equity firms, portfolio companies, and first-time developers
Locations - United States, Canada and South Africa
- Developed road map to bring first time Sponsor Conifex Timber’s biomass plant in British Columbia to a financing-ready state; structured financing; recruited lenders, led negotiations and due diligence and closed the $103 million financing.
- Advised Exelon’s financing team on the $750 million Continental Wind Portfolio Financing.
- Coordinated financing process for Constellation Energy’s first (wind) and second (solar) project financings in recent years, working with finance team. Both transactions closed.
- Conducted due diligence scope of biomass plants – on two occasions - as part of a tactical team for a private equity fund. Client invested in both projects.
- Advised experienced sponsor on terms of a $476 million solar financing. Worked with Treasurer and financing team throughout process. Transaction closed.
- Advised on the project financing of two solar projects and one wind project for a PE portfolio company in South Africa, each of which reached financial close.
- Assisted team of large private equity fund on acquisition bid for gas-fired asset portfolio. Sales process suspended.
- Worked with small developers on hydro (eventually secured partial financing) and biogas (not realized) facilities to overcome development and financing challenges.
- Providing ongoing consulting services in reviewing development and acquisition opportunities for a PE portfolio company.
- Researched the treatment of various fees incurred by developers for a large sponsor. Used by senior management for internal purposes.
- Developed and led a project financing seminar for approximately 15 people in treasury and accounting departments of a large corporation.